Scotland

Scotland
Trumps Dream Course

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Week 2 Reflection

As Week 2 is coming to a close, it has been a little more easier to understand what action research is more of.  I came across some interesting sites this week that revolved around action research.  Didn't get to in depth with it, but made me realize a little more about what it means.  Sometimes it's a lot easier seeing what other people or other definitions are for what action research means.  For me, again this week made it a little more easier to understand.

As for watching the interviews unfold on the computer, I thought everything was interesting and made good sense.  A lot of info was talked about and good points of interest were there as well.  One of the reflection I mentioned was during the Briseno video he got my attention with him talking about seeking solutions to problems form those that have already been able to solve them.  In education, I am constantly hearing, "don't reinvent the wheel."  I am a firm believer in seeking information from others that have been in similar situations. As for part 2's assignment, there was a lot of reading and writing involved.  Each of those nine areas had a lot to say and don't get me wrong, a lot of that info was really interesting.  For part 3, having the conversation with my site supervisor and selecting the action research topic was really cool and fun to do.  I liked what we had to say about the action plan.  And just general off the topic conversation about what she is wanting for the future of our school's culture to look like. 

No comments:

Post a Comment